(Translatable — choose a language from menu to view in different language)
Who Are We
Malachi Kids Club is a ministry platform by Global Children’s Network consisting of a global family of children, youth, and family ministry leaders dedicated to helping churches around the world raise up outstanding next generation disciples.
What We Do
We train and equip pastors, parents, and local church volunteers to effectively build a bridge from the church into the home. We call this the Church – Parent Partnership, and it works! Pastors see themselves as both “shepherd” and “captain”. Parents become active. Spiritual conversations between parent and children in the home grow and flourish. Volunteers experience fulfillment and joy as they produce real spiritual fruit.
This one and only user-friendly ministry platform has two parts. They are as follows:
- Malachi Kids Club takes place at the church or a designated location on a weekly basis. It can effectively replace a traditional Sunday School program, or take place on one of the midweek days in the afternoon or evening or pastors and leaders may choose the weekend. Since Malachi Kids belongs to each local church, the church family can choose any preferred time.
- Malachi Family Club is the wonderful and exciting home portion. That’s because it connects parents and their children in a most creative way! To discover how this is done please read on
How We Do It
Malachi Kids Club at Church has four basic and simple sections or times. They synchronize well with each other as every child and youth is challenged, encouraged, instructed biblically, and empowered to be missional in viewing and serving the world.
- FUN AND GAME TIME – Games range from simple physical exercises to competitive challenges. Some games are played in a way that develops morals while others reveal and reinforce character-building concepts. Kids love to bring their friends to Malachi Kids Club because playing games in a safe environment where social interaction and positive team-building is always fun.
- LARGE GROUP TIME – This is the club centerpiece. The master storyteller tells a thoroughly prepared Bible story using creative techniques and tools provided by Global Children’s Network. The power and quality by which a story is delivered is of great importance to us. We want the children to understand that God is telling His story of redemption through the stories of scripture. The four major biblical themes: God, man, sin, and salvation serve as building blocks that help set a child’s foundational understanding of theological truth. Malachi Kids provides 97 chronological stories that effectively bring children and youth to a solid understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Malachi Kids Club takes place at the church or a designated location on a weekly basis. It can effectively replace a traditional Sunday School program, or take place on one of the midweek days in the afternoon or evening or pastors and leaders may choose the weekend. Since Malachi Kids belongs to each local church, the church family can choose any preferred time. week days in the afternoon or evening, pastors and leaders can choose the weekend. Since Malachi Kids belongs to each local church, the church family can choose any preferred time Malachi Family Club is the wonderful and exciting home portion. That’s because it connects parents and their children in a most creative way! To discover how this is done please read on. Global Children’s Network 3677 Whispering Trails Dr, Hoffman Estates, IL 60192 www.globalchildrensnetwork.com
- SMALL GROUP TIME – During this time children go to their age-appropriate small groups. This is where the teens shine as they help adult leaders reveal to the children the wonderful spiritual truths contained in each story. After being placed in groups of two, they practice retelling the story to each other with the teens encouraging and assisting them. The aim here is to assist the children in perfecting the story by placing the events of each story in proper order. The reason for this is explained in the fourth and last time period.
- COMMISSIONING TIME – When all the children, youth, and adult leaders come back together for the final time, they sing a few songs. The week’s key memory verse is given and recited. Then everyone joins hands for a special commissioning. In accordance with John 15:16, a commissioning is like being appointed to a specific task. The children, youth, and adults are officially appointed to go and tell the story that was told, studied, and retold in practice. They are sent out each week as missionaries and their mission is to tell someone else God’s story.
Malachi Family Club at Home is so very important to the overall success of Malachi Kids Clubs in every church. It begins with pastors who add to their work as shepherds the role of captain. After all, Jesus Himself is called the captain of our salvation in Hebrews 2:10. What two primary tasks does a captain perform? He prepares his soldiers for battle and he personally LEADS them into battle. In Malachi Kids we challenge pastors to participate by becoming captains over the parents, preparing them for spiritual battle, and then personally leading them into spiritual battle for the reclamation of their homes for them to fulfill the Moses mandate found in Deuteronomy 6:5-7. Because most parents are not active spiritually at home with their children, we understand how important it is to start at a place that both dads and moms can begin well and quickly gain confidence. To accomplish this, we enlist the children in a most amazing way. In truth, to begin Malachi Family Club in the home, parent(s) need only to do three things. They are as follows.
- ASK YOUR CHILD TO TELL THE STORY – Remember that the child is returning from Malachi Kids Club at church. With enthusiasm simply ask your child to tell the story that he or she has just been commissioned to make known to others.
- LISTEN TO THE STORY WITH YOUR EYES, EARS, AND HEART – Your enthusiasm and attentiveness will speak volumes to your child. If you lack interest, excitement, or are easily distracted this will reveal a subtle rejection that can potentially be devastating. Pay close attention and praise God that He is at work in your child’s heart in a most powerful way.
- ASK A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS ABOUT THE STORY – Why is this important? Because you are beginning to have spiritual conversations. The Holy Spirit will use this to build trust and confidence in the relationship. This is the very first step in becoming your child’s spiritual guide and mentor. By continuing to do this week after week your knowledge and your children’s knowledge will increase, and your children will continue to look to you in their challenging adolescent years as both trusted friend and spiritual and moral adviser.
As the parents and children continue to grow together in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ according to 2 Peter 3:18, Global Children’s Network will also continue to provide additional help and resources. It is entirely possible to raise children to know and love the Lord with all their hearts.
This is what makes Malachi Kid’s Club’s Church-Parent Partnership the very best strategy.